Friday, May 18, 2012

Issues

So, it's settled, then, I'm from the south and went up north for college a little and regularly visited my relatives from up north.  I was feeling off because of celebrities I found and people I've known probably who moved somewhere else when they were young.  I think it makes a difference if you are born somewhere aside from where your parents are from.  I never had that feeling of growing up like my parents.  It seems others are more ingrained in their parents's heritage.  I think the 1st few years of life are pretty formidable.  I had a different experience than I would have otherwise.  I did move within the same area under the age of 5.  It made a difference.  I guess I can identify with others who also grew up mostly in a place other than their parents are from.  Anyway, when you move somewhere it totally knocks you out.  So, I'm considered fully from the south with ancestral heritage up north.

No comments:

Post a Comment