Sunday, May 13, 2012

The ... Story ... of ... My ... Life

You may think, hey, I'm a New Orleans girl.  I lived in a suburb there for only 6 years plus college downtown for 2 years.  The whole time, I wanted to hold onto being from Florida.  There is a ripple of pain when you always are coming to terms with the fact that you as a person are not from New Orleans, though you're there.  I don't know.  Like, I know people from places other than Florida hold roots in certain places more.  It's something like that, anyway.  Who knows what would have happened if I did not will this.  I was proud of being from Florida.  You could tell how sarcastic I was when you asked where in the world I might be from.  I don't know about Orlando, but Florida is pretty awesome.  I do enjoy being in northeastern Florida, though I am not from there originally.  I feel pressured in southeastern Florida from the jealousy.  You know, there's a thing about being from southeastern Florida that is like being from up north.  It's considered better than northeastern Florida, though northeastern Florida is considered better than anywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment